25 June 2009

Receiving Letter From A Relative

While looking through some things in my grandmother's kitchen drawer I came across an old letter from a Louise Johnson. I asked my grandmother who she was and she told me she was a relative of my grandfather. It took her a little while to remember whose daughter she was but she finally told me she was the daughter of Minnie Mae Willoughby Radford who was the daughter of my grandfather's sister Smithie Ann Willoughby.

So I wrote a letter to her a few weeks back and I got a response today from her grandson Dave Dixon. I am looking forward to sharing information with Dave and see what types of information and maybe photographs he has in his holdings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

85 year old married to 13 year old in 1935!!!

 Things that truly make my head and heart hurt when I see them.  I saw this in the 1940 census for Pactolus, Pitt County, North Carolina whe...