11 June 2009

Another Day, Another Record Search

Today's topic is looking for various vital statistics records; such as birth, death, marriage and wills.
County courthouses are a great place to start looking but have you thought about looking in your county library? Many libraries now have rooms set aside with collections for genealogists that can be very helpful.

Records I have found among the library shelves: index to cemetery records, indexes to marriage records of the county as well as indexes to wills. You can also usually find county newspapers on microfilm which are a great tool to use to find obituaries.

(This passion for genealogy has continued. I had forgotten how to log into this page for many years and just found an old notebook that gave me what I needed to be able to log back in. So I am updating all these pages and will start posting new blogs shortly. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

85 year old married to 13 year old in 1935!!!

 Things that truly make my head and heart hurt when I see them.  I saw this in the 1940 census for Pactolus, Pitt County, North Carolina whe...