15 June 2009

Leads Today

Well I am very happy with today's search results.

First thanks to Pam at Edgecombe County Memorial Library for searching the Daily Southerner for me and finding the information I needed. She does a wonderful job over there in Tarboro.

I was looking to see if the Daily Southerner had written a story on the shooting of my great aunt Lessie Coley Barnes from January of 1938. She called me today and told me that yes, there was a story done and she had printed me out the pages she could find from the paper.

The Second thing I had her look for was any mention of my Hudson ancestors who worked for Runnymead mills there in Tarboro. She found and copied some stuff for me on them as well. So in all I am getting 12 pages!!!! At 0.15 a page that isn't bad!

Next time I am in Tarboro I am going to have to take a moment and go to the library so that I can thank her in person for her hard work.

Part 2:

I have also spent the last few days looking around on the Johnston County Heritage center website. I have found a lot of stuff on there! Check it out!

(This passion for genealogy has continued. I had forgotten how to log into this page for many years and just found an old notebook that gave me what I needed to be able to log back in. So I am updating all these pages and will start posting new blogs shortly. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

85 year old married to 13 year old in 1935!!!

 Things that truly make my head and heart hurt when I see them.  I saw this in the 1940 census for Pactolus, Pitt County, North Carolina whe...