21 August 2023

When Obituaries Are Wrong




 This is a relative of mine who died in 1934 in Pitt County, North Carolina. In this obituary it states that both her parents were from Dublin, Ireland. This is FALSE. Her father was Wiley Franklin Nobles (1798-1861) born in Pitt County, North Carolina to Simon Nobles (1760-1832) who was born in Pitt County, North Carolina and died in Pitt County, North Carolina. As for her mother Clara Elizabeth Brown , she may have been born in Dublin Ireland but I cannot prove this nor disprove this. 

Also Mrs Carlos Harris was her DAUGHTER not her sister. I don't know who wrote this obituary but they got stuff wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

85 year old married to 13 year old in 1935!!!

 Things that truly make my head and heart hurt when I see them.  I saw this in the 1940 census for Pactolus, Pitt County, North Carolina whe...